GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we’re there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world’s biggest challenges - and GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT is looking for an experienced Lead Service Delivery Manager to serve under the guidance of the O&M Lead/Senior Manager for a large, complex task order. The Lead Service Delivery Manager (SDM) supports operations and maintenance (O&M) activities, oversees deployments, provides expeditious resolution of service incidents, and ensures client-stakeholder and contractual service level agreements and objectives are met or exceeded. The ideal Lead Service Delivery Manager projects high energy, possesses a passion for state-of-the-art technology and speaks comfortably from a technical perspective with clients, our partners, and across the team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and manages a team of both local and remote/datacenter service delivery talent
- Works alongside and across teams and departments to ensure that business and service-level expectations (SLAs, SLOs) are exceeded
- Support the O&M Lead/Senior Manager in targeted efforts to improve enterprise reliability, maintainability, availability, and recoverability
- Builds on past success in driving exceptional customer service objectives, methods, and metrics
- Collaborates with incident management teams toward the resolution of severity events
- Ensures timely and accurate communications to the field and OBIM customer
- Ensures processes, procedures, and documentation are maintained, updated, and executed
- Creatively and continuously improves technology services processes
- Serves as a strong proponent of excellence in customer service
- Ensures consistent use of processes and best practices
- Periodically serves as on-call SDM
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- U.S. citizenship
- DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills and an ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- Masters degree or 15+ yrs of relevant experience
- Degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
- Strong, proven experience leading and managing successful service delivery and incident management teams
- Expertise with large scale, enterprise IT system management and monitoring, service delivery, service desk, software and hardware modernization, development, and/or testing efforts
- Expertise in infrastructure, networking, database, application and system security, and web technologies
- Expertise in infrastructure and application management best practices and tools
- Currency with latest techniques in automated code scanning, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
- Experience implementing DevSecOps methodologies
- Certifications: ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation or better
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
The likely salary range for this position is $106,800 - $160,200, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.