The communications engineer is responsible for designing buliding and maintaining proprietary communications systems to support operational personnel. The engineer will also be responsible for ensuring the systems are desgined and built to the highest security standards. The engineer will work with a team of other similarly focused engineers as well as non-technical partners across the organization.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
3. Experience with designing and supporting Windows, MacOS, and Linux based systems both physical and virtualized.
4. Experience with network engineering particularly with cloud based network architectures.
5. Proficiency in configuring and maintaining wireless networking systems.
6. Must thrive on providing technical solutions to fulfill customer requirements while under tight time constraints.
7. Performs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
8. Identifies and documents clients' functional requirements.
9. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
10. Analyzes research & development plans.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
5-8 years of related engineering experience.
Willingness to travel on 3-5 day trips to support customers, no more than once per month.
Experience with SIP/ASTRISK is preferred.
Familiarity with network and log analysis tools such as Splunk, LogRhythm and Wireshark are preferred.
Experience designing and maintaining databased desired.
Experience or education in User Experience Design desired.
Experience with development for mobile platforms is a plus.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.