work depends on a Incident Manager joining our team to
support our government client’s activities in the Northern Virginia locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Incident Manager supports and
manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects.
Monitor and enforce compliance of Incident Management Policy
· Monitor and clean-up orphaned tickets
· Monitor and facilitate resolution of tickets older than 30 days
· Monitor authorized maintenance activities to determine possible impacts to operations
· Control, disseminate, and monitor ticket queues
· Conduct trend analysis on tickets to support metrics reporting to the customer
· Draft Service Maintenance/Outage/Restoral Announcements
· Facilitate the creation and submission of after-action reports for major incidents and outages when applicable
· Report, monitor and update weather events that impact services as appropriate
· Communicate and coordinate with incident managers and/or representatives from other contracts when necessary
· Monitor and facilitate tasks for the Problem Management team
· Review and provide information on major incidents and trends to Problem manager for consideration as problem candidates
· Provides advice and training to end-users
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
· Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
· Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
· Maintains system documentation
· Coordinates software installations and Active Directory group modifications
· Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
· Participates in systems testing and document results
· Participates in special projects as required
HS/GED or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis in support of government intelligence customer.
ITIL Foundation (v3)
Knowledge of Service Now or similar ticketing system
Knowledge of customers Incident and Change management processes
Knowledge of customers Problem Management process
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.