Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation's service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. that's the challenge that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Information Technology. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Information Technology.
Working successfully within a team, the Software Engineer will assist project leaders in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. This may include coding, testing and documenting software solutions to advance our technology solutions.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelors degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required; Agile experience preferred
- Clear understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Clear understanding of the software development process
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you'll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, research and design and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent, 0+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.