Senior Information Security Analyst RMF Validator DORAL, FL
TS/SCI Clearance required
(NOTE This is NOT a Remote position)
Person in this role will perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security.
Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
Communicate alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
Conduct regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise antivirus systems and software deployment tools.
Safeguard the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Research, evaluate, test, recommend, communicate and implement new security software or devices.
Conduct investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
Research, evaluate, test, recommend, communicate and implements new security software or devices.
Implement, enforce, communicate and develop security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications and information systems security education/awareness programs.
Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
Provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced team members.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Management or related field and 3 years of practical computer security experience in secure networks and systems design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms
HS/GED and 7 years of practical computer security experience in secure networks and systems design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms.
• Secret clearance upon hire with the ability to obtain Top Secret.
• 3+ years of experience with DoD information assurance policy.
• 3+ years of experience with developing and presenting technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences and clients.
• Experience with RMF process and POA&M tracking and resolution.
• Experience with NIST publications, DoD 8500 series, AR 25-2, AR 380-5, AR 380-40, FIPS.
• DoD 8570 Certification, including IAM-II, such as CAP, CASP, CISSP, GSLC, or CISM.
• Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
• Military Experience: experience with hardware and software design of tactical systems using components from the common criteria, UC APL, or NIST and FIPS validation program lists.
• Additional CAP, CISM, CISSP type of certifications.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.