General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is currently seeking a Windows Mid-Level Systems Administrator (SA) for the Applications, Infrastructure and Systems Support (AISS) Third Iteration (AISS-III) at Scott AFB, IL. The selected candidate must have a government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
We are looking for a candidate with 6 years’ experience administering Windows/Web Servers that will be part of the GDSS/MEIS3 and Exercise support team.
- Provides System Administration for systems, servers, appliances, communications devices and software for AMC’s C2 and Business Systems.
- Ensures systems, servers, appliances, communications devices and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line and are available to customers.
Technical Skills (Must Have):
• Provide Level 3 expertise for AMC’s C2 and Business systems.
• Assigns and maintains user IDs and passwords. Administers user privileges on the system.
• Performs routine and advanced system maintenance.
• Experience and knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, IIS Server
• Experience with active directory and group policies
• Working knowledge of systems administration processes and hardware and software components
• Knowledge and understanding of the tools, concepts, practices and procedures of security incident management, threat intelligence and continuous monitoring
• Knowledgeable of hardware and software capabilities and limitations supporting the functional system
• Ability to troubleshoot basic computer hardware / software installations and issues, including Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems
• Skilled proficiency using and troubleshooting Microsoft Server issues
• Detail-oriented with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to administer highly reliable systems solutions for delivering required business capabilities
• Ability to utilize available tools and resources to resolve issues
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate / explain technical information to a broad range of people with varying levels of technical expertise
Active DoD Secret clearance
Security + or equivalent
Experience with AMC’s GDSS server administration a plus
Able to manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
o What is the mission of the AISS III? Provide shared services support for Air Mobility Command's (AMC) Command Control (C2) Systems. This support includes Infrastructure, VM Hosting, Government Acceptance Testing, Training, and Level 3 escalation support for the applications of 12 distinct C2 programs. Review requirements from developers and analyze testability, and requirements such as License, certificates, PPS for future versions. Support operational environments as well as test environment, and also be flexible in supporting ad hoc testing events.
o What will a typical work day look like? Is this a team setting? The SA will work with other SA's to perform various tasks; e.g., GDSS, Web, Cross Domain. This is a team environment with daily duties such as conducting system checks, data interface checks, completing system level test cases and reviewing documentation from developers. You may also be expected to complete upgrades on operational and exercise servers while supporting government testing. You will support all patching requirements, as well as STIG updates. There is an On-Call rotation to support the exercise environments.
o What are the top three skillsets the candidate should have? Windows Server administration, IIS Server, ability to multi task, ability to investigate, troubleshoot and document findings, team work.
o What is the interview process (phone then in-person or only phone, etc.)? Candidates in the local area will be asked to come to the base for a face-to-face interview. Those candidates not in the local area will be interviewed over the phone.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.