US Army Europe is looking for an experienced SharePoint Site and Server Administrator to deliver exciting new projects. An ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience migrating, architecting and implementing software solutions to well defined customer requirements. Familiarity with concepts including SharePoint workflows, timer jobs, report generation, and build and test automation is essential.
Must have strong Site Collection administration skills.
The primary target platform is SharePoint 2010 which needs to be migrated to a newer version. Experience with SharePoint 2013 and 2016 is a plus.
Maintains web applications and websites in support of current operations and during high volume military exercises. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
1. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
2. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity
3. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution
4. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
5. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress
8. Provides guidance on technology and SharePoint aspects with leadership and customer
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
10. SQL experience required
11. Maintain and create SOPs
12. Experience with patching SharePoint/SQL servers
13. Experience with RMF/DISA/STIG compliance
14. Be able to assist with other customer support systems/servers, SharePoint administration and other related duties
15. Participates in special projects as required
16. Works closely with the knowledge manager
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Required Qualifications and Certifications:
1. 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
2. Offer contingent upon receiving TESA approval
3. Must possess a US security clearance at the Top Secret\SSBI level and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance
4. Must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire
5. Must have a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification or obtain one prior to being hired
6. Must obtain a Microsoft Certification within 6 months of hire preferably related to SharePoint
7. May periodically provide support for exercise requirements
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.