General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a highly motivated technical professional to support AV/VTC activities for a federal customer. The selected candidate must be customer oriented, extremely well organized, and knowledgeable in AV/VTC best practices and troubleshooting. This position will require the selected candidate to interact with all levels of government customer and contract leadership daily. Communicating consistently with all stakeholders in an articulate and efficient manner will be key to success.
· Updating and maintaining current AV/VTC deployments using Government supplied and/or other approved hardware, subsequent upgrades/patches/versions/releases and AV/VTC unique applications.
· Ensuring compliance as outlined in the AV/VTC Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) on all DLA Information Operations AV/VTC setups.
· Providing Standard and Advanced AV/VTC Support for hardware/software configuration, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
· Providing technical support for AV/VTC update software installation and configuration issues and providing resolution. Trouble tickets shall be input, updated and maintained using the current Remedy Help Desk software application or any subsequent Help Desk applications.
· Evaluating and performing technical review of all DLA Information Operations AV/VTC hardware/software acquisition requests.
· Providing enterprise support for DLA, Information Operations at Site AV/VTC equipment, to include CODECs, AV/VTC network connections and controllers, wired/wireless interfaces, audio controllers, data interfaces, Cable TV, CCTV other miscellaneous AV/VTC equipment and other commonly used peripherals within the Government computing environment.
· Contacting appropriate vendor repair personnel for warranty and/or proprietary repairs, as required. Explaining and demonstrating the malfunction to the appropriate equipment/hardware vendor responding to the warranty call. Verifying that the repairs made by the servicing vendor are proper and fix the problem.
· Providing subject matter expertise to onsite support technicians in the setup and deployment of AV/VTC systems as required.
· Providing knowledge transfer to DLA Information Operations personnel in the deployment and administration of the AV/VTC system.
· Providing Advanced AV/VTC Support for all Site personnel.
· Researching potential impacts for upgrades and implementation of AV/VTC products currently in use including: patches, upgrades, service packs and applications. Providing recommendations to limit customer downtime.
· Providing AV/VTC Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to DLA Information Operations IT Management and DLA Headquarters.
· Responding to DLA CERT Advisories, Bulletins and Tasking, and ensure all AV/VTC equipment and transmissions are secure from vulnerabilities.
· Researching current market technology to address AV/VTC issues and inform/advise DLA Information Operations personnel.
· Preparing and briefing on specific projects/findings as required.
· Identifying and recommending power and LAN (Local Area Network) requirements for full AV/VTC functionality.
· Creating or updating network diagrams from an AV/VTC point of view.
· Creating system configuration documentation for all AV/VTC systems.
· Creating user job aides to facilitate setup and operation of AV/VTC sessions without administrator intervention.
· Creating step-by-step equipment configuration guides to ensure standard equipment configurations throughout the agency.
Experience, Certification, Training, and Security Requirements:
· Five (5) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience in an AV/VTC support role.
· SECRET Security Clearance Required
· IAT-II Level Certification Required (One of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP).
· Cisco Meeting App Foundation – Must be completed prior to start.
· Cisco Video Network Specialist - Must be completed prior to start.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.