Plans, coordinates, and conducts training and related instructional programs for customer personnel. Demonstrate subject matter expertise/mastery of the course content requirements. Demonstrate expertise and proficiency in the methods and techniques for delivery of instruction. Provide training and education (T&E) to prepare service members in area of expertise. Instruct individuals/teams/units in establishment and reconstitution of DEPMEDs. Provides instruction as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for in preparing the patient and the operating room (OR) environment for surgery and for providing assistance to the medical staff during surgical procedures. Provides instruction on preparing and maintaining sterile medical supplies and special equipment for medical treatment facilities. Signs hand receipts for, and assumes proper accountability for sets of related medical equipment, and maintains property accountability to Army standards. Ensures accountability of and maintenance for assigned equipment sets and training materials. Maintains currency on latest doctrine and TTPs associated with this field of military occupation specialty and updates lesson plan material as applicable. May be cross-trained to perform instruction in other related healthcare courses.
1. Conducts training sessions and may assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
2. Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
3. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
4. May assist in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
5. May update course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
10. Duties include instruction and training assistance to military medical unit personnel in both classroom and realistic practical exercise training in Field Hospital environments
Education/Equivalent Training Required: HS/GED, and OR/CMS (MOS 68D) course training minimum, or equivalent civilian qualification.
Experience: Two years of recent experience with the Army as a commissioned, warrant, or non-commissioned officer, with an OR/CMS AOC/MOS, or equivalent civilian qualifications and a familiarity with military medical systems. Experience with Army Combat Support / Field Hospital units highly desirable.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license. Effective communications skills. Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated systems.
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $27.17 - $40.75, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.