Complex Systems Design
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Jira Engineer at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Jira Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
The Jira Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of managing and administering the existing Jira infrastructure. They will manage access to the application, create and manage projects, and assist application users with any applications issues. The Jira Engineer will also be responsible for updating and troubleshooting the application on the server operating system. The Jira Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing a migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud.
• Jira user and license management
• Jira project and creation and customization
• Managing Jira add-ins (Big Picture, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
• Updating and administering the Jira application on the Windows server
• Updating and administering the Apache web server
• Routine maintenance such as Java and SSL certificate updates
• Assisting users with projects, workflows, add-ins
• Working with the customer to define requirements for the Jira Cloud instance
• Planning for user, project and data migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud
• Coordinating with stakeholders and project owners
• Executing the migration
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required
• 3-6 years’ experience with managing Jira
* Remote work but 10% travel to DC office
• Experience migrating Jira from server to Cloud
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
4 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.