At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are seeking a facility security officer (FSO) to join our team to support various Air Force and Navy customers at our Panama City Beach, FL Facility. As an FSO supporting the Department of Defense (DOD), you will be trusted to support a variety of Air Force and Naval contracts and build key relationships with your government counterparts. You will be part of a larger team supporting security needs for DOD programs across the globe.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Building relationships with the internal GDIT security organization as well as relevant government security personnel.
• Administering and coordinating facility security activities for a DOD industrial facility to ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Providing security relevant guidance to managers and employees regarding security regulations and procedures.
• Conducting security related training and briefings commensurate with the program requirements and work performed.
• Assisting employees with security clearance requirements, physical security support, and government installation access.
• Investigating security violations to determine corrective action recommendations.
• Bachelors Degree and 2+ years related experience in facility or industrial security administration; OR 6 years total related experience in lieu of a bachelors degree.
• Competency in using automated systems, both internal and government, and building relevant reports
• Must have an active Top Secret clearance
• 2-5 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.