Keywords (Risk Assessment, Risk Analysis, Multifunctional Information Distribution System, MIDS, Joint Tactical Radio System, JTRS, Reliability Assessments, Error Detection, Advanced Tactical Data Links, ATDL, BMP, Best Manufacturing Practices, Shop Replaceable Unit (SRU), Failure Analysis Support)
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a SYSTEMS ENGINEER ADVISOR joining our team to support Airborne Advanced Tactical Datalink (ATDL) Engineering, Test & Evaluation activities at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC PAC) SAN DIEGO, CA.
Job Description Summary:
The ideal Systems Engineer candidate will have:
• Experience providing technical comments or assessments of vendor production facilities, laboratories, and Government sites includes support of technology, production, and manufacturing readiness and design reviews for ensuring implementation of industry Best Practices for product producibility, consistency, reliability and maintainability (e.g., Maintainability Readiness Assessment (MRA), Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA), Technical Risk Identification Mitigation System (TRIMS), etc.)
• Experience conducting detailed failure analysis of selected systems and subsystems to include review of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Problem Reports (PRs), Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause and Corrective Action Analysis (RCCA), test program development, and forensic laboratory work.
• Experience supporting Mission Readiness Reviews and ensure operator and mission needs are translated properly into acquisition and purchasing specifications, Concepts of Operation (CONOPS), and other related documentation (including training courses). Familiarity with Design Reference Mission Profiles as described in DoD 4245.7M.
• Experience providing systems engineering and acquisition Best Manufacturing Practice (BMP) support to JTRS and related ATDL programs.
• Systems engineering expertise in Error Detection; Correction Coding; RF signal processing; digital/analog hardware and software design; radio navigation; computer architecture; antenna characteristics; impacts of electrical noise; spread spectrum techniques; communications protocols; multiplexing; modulation; and data bus structures and protocols. • Experience developing systems engineering models based on best practices and recommend cycle time reduction efforts to reduce cost.
Desired QUALIFICATIONS: • Experience in a DoD tactical systems acquisition environment to include subject matter expertise in acquisition programmatic and milestone decision requirements. • Systems Engineering experience with TDLs, ATDLs, and Tactical SDR Systems. • Use of automated performance specification tools (e.g., TRIMS). • Knowledge of Best Manufacturing Practices (BMP) for JTRS Risk Management. • Experience working with BMP JTRS Producibility requirements. • Experience working with BMP TTNT (Tactical Targeting Networking Technology) Risk Management. • Experience participating in manufacturing production calls with other suppliers as SME. • Experience attending risk review meetings and updating risk charts. • Experience reviewing ATPs (Acceptance Test Procedures), ECP, and request for deviation (RFD) • In-depth knowledge of and experience with the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) methodology.
Required Qualifications • Master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics with a minimum of 8 years technical experience at the systems level in DOD tactical communication systems projects. • Current technical experience (within the last 5 years) in tactical communication systems to include TDL, ATDL, SDRs, and/or related C4I systems at the systems level. • Demonstrated experience with Tactical SDR risk assessment and risk management in the implementation of BMP and reliability improvement efforts. • Demonstrated experience with Tactical SDR System Installation/Integration planning; performing Risk Assessments both Shallow and Deep Dive • Experience with establishing, reviewing, and maintaining system documentation. • Active Secret clearance (with ability to obtain Top Secret) • Current NIWC PAC CAC or ability to obtain
• Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), attending virtual meetings, using Microsoft Teams, WebEx, downloading online documents; good organizational and time management skills.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU: ● Competitive and broad benefits package ● Full-time, 40-hour work week, 9/80 schedule ● Project offers autonomy, challenging work, and team environment
GDIT CAREERS Opportunity Owned
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.