GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are looking for a talented and experienced Windows Engineer and administrator to join our Hosting Services team on an IT operations project supporting DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide engineering support for large enterprise windows environment. Candidate will be responsible for engineering, deploying virtualized windows environment supporting web servers, database servers, domain controllers etc., on premise and in the cloud.
This position works under the general guidance of the Hosting Services Task Lead, in a Agile. DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Design, develop, and deploy windows servers hosted in a virtualized environment.
* Support high available web applications hosted on windows servers
* Support and develop deployment packages in PowerShell
* Support SCCM/SCOM. Support & Migrate windows workloads from on-premise to cloud
* Supporting Domain Services
* Support and develop high available windows clusters supporting SQL Servers databases and web applications
* Help the task Lead in planning. Guide the work of junior technical staff. Work with program and technical staff in all aspects of daily work.
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Monitor and support the operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
* Help task lead and management in planning and building windows infrastructure supporting COOP & DR plans
* Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* 5+ years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows environments with virtualization
* 5+ years of experience in Windows Server Engineering & Administration, Windows 2019 Server Experience
* 5+ years’ experience testing large-scale Windows environments.
* 4+ Years experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated in Windows Physical and virtualization software environments such as VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
* 3 + years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language sucha PowerShell, with knowledge of ANSIBLE, and Middleware ( Oracle Application Server, IIS, Apache)
* Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
* Familiarity with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
* Experience using ServiceNow in a Tier 1 - 4 support support environment
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT’s Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country. Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.