GDIT is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support a $100M+ US Navy program that provides full spectrum Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) technical support to the warfighter. This position will support the program from a government site location at the US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND Headquarters in Tampa Florida.
These critical C5ISR solutions will support a broad range of Department of Defense (DoD) and non-DoD customers, including joint forces commands and disaster recovery/first responders. In support of this program, GDIT will perform and provide network and computer systems engineering services to perform tasks in support of assigned Mission Specific Network Engineering program related technologies and systems.
The GDIT team will supply a full range of system capabilities to include all infrastructure and unique implementation elements.
Duties of this position include: - Analysis of customer requirements and ability to match those requirements to solutions using a Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Support to Network and System Accreditation Planning
- Provide research and development support to identify operational requirements and emerging technologies to evaluate possible solutions while conducting systems engineering and software/hardware and network engineering of network technologies and systems.
- Conduct technical and systems engineering activities to prepare production engineering packages to include drawings and related artifacts to support production of the approved solution.
- Conduct systems engineering technical reviews to ensure required entrance and exit criteria is satisfied at designated milestones.
For Senior Systems Engineer, candidate must have:
- 10 yrs. or more relevant experience and Master’s Degree in a Technical, IT or Computer Science Discipline (or substitute 4 years of additional relevant experience plus Bachelor’s Degree
Education: - Technical Skills: Network engineering and design, including network and information security requirements, - Working knowledge of policies and procedures related to designing, upgrading, and maintaining enterprise networks. - Knowledge of theory and practice across a variety of network technologies
Thorough working knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle
Desirable qualifications include: - Demonstrated innovative thinking and follow through - Demonstrated rapid response to customer requests - Experience in researching new/emerging technologies
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.