Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Engineering Technician V
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as an Engineering Technician V supporting the US Navy Ship. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Engineering Technician V you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Engineering Technician V joining our team to
HOW AN ENGINEE RING TECHNICIAN V WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
• Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies, constructs and tests electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment and related devices.
• Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
• Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
• Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
• Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
• Provides operation and maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
• Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
• Assists engineering staff in determining and solving equipment design problems.
• May perform quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
• May provide work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
• Participates in special projects, as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
●Associate’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
●US Citizenship Required -
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.