Infrastructure As Code (IaC)
Windows Azure Cloud
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
The person in this position will contribute to efforts to design and implement cloud-based software and will also be expected to maintain existing code / applications. Provides analysis of existing software, gains good understanding of business requirements and looks for ways to modernize. Champions DevOps practices and has a working knowledge of all Git operations and integrations – especially CI/CD integrations such as actions and workflows. Should be aware / utilize best practices regarding security when coding or configuring software.
The person in the position should be able to present complex technical concepts to multiple audiences (I.e., fellow engineers, end-users, executives), tailoring the presentation for the appropriate level of audience understanding. Good time management, documentation and multitasking skills will be key to success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Requires a strong working knowledge of coding / scripting and the ability to read and maintain code written by others
· Prefer experience with Azure cloud offerings as well as implementing Infrastructure-as-Code in Azure utilizing Bicep or ARM templates
· Experience utilizing Git for source control and build pipelines
· Must be able to interpret specifications and requirements, troubleshoot and create software solutions
· Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
· Innovative, and always looking for ways to integrate new technology to solve problems and fill in capability gap
· Ability to script in bash, PowerShell, python or similar languages will be helpful
· Requires a good working knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, an object-oriented language such as C# or Java
· Familiarization with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint and/or Jira is a plus
· Experience in a DevOps environment is preferred
· Good business communication skills
· Works well as an individual and in a team environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
Minimum of 2 years of experience
Must have a Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.