Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Transform technology into opportunity as an Information Security Officer (ISSO) with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Information Security Analyst you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Information Security Officer (ISSO) joining our team to support a large infrastructure support effort at Annapolis Junction, MD.
HOW AN INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
● Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
● Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
● Evaluates firewall change requests and assesses organizational risk
● Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems
● Assists with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
● Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans
● Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools
● Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
● Researches, evaluates, tests, and implements new security software or devices
● Conducts routine investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
● Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices
● Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education/awareness programs
● Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
● Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results
● Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: BA/BS or equivalent
● Required Experience: 2+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: **Specific skill sets required**
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/poly
● Required Skills and Abilities: Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
● Location: On-site
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.