The Global Security Engineering and Supply Chain (GSE&SC) – Technical Development Branch (TDB) team is seeking a Security Technician to be a part of their program in supporting Technical Security Systems (TSS).
The Security Technician must be trained and experienced in a wide variety of technical security systems.
The Security Technician must be adaptable to evolving environments and accustomed to working with little or no supervision.
Experience in performing installation, repair and troubleshooting support on any of the following technical security systems is an advantage:
• Automated Access Control devices
• Door control systems
• Explosive detection devices
• Vehicle barrier control
• Walk-thru metal detectors
• X-ray machines
The Security Technician standard duties include:
• Evaluates, analyzes, administers, and maintains technical security systems.
• Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and low-voltage electrical schematics.
• Supports installation of technical security equipment in laboratory and operational environments.
• May install, test, adjust, and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
• Monitors the operations of systems and works with lead engineers to identify next generation systems.
• Helps to develop documentation required for end-user and field technician training.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in testing and special projects as required.
• Interim Secret/Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one
• Bachelors degree and 5 + years of related technical security experience or the equivalent combination of education/training and/or experience/military.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification - Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP desired.
• International travel and work experience is preferred.
• User level proficiency of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.