The selected candidate will be performing the functions below;
1. Supports the Program Manager for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
2. Supports the Program manager in assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and support performance of personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Supports the Program Manager in directing program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Supports the Program manager in assuring quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
5. Supports the Program manager in the performance of business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
6. Supports the Program Manager in the performance of program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
Bachelor’s degree. Computer Science, Engineering or Science Disciplines a plus
Strong project management skills and abilities; including experience in costing, scheduling, staffing, and risk management
Excellent relationship builder with demonstrated ability to team across functions and businesses
Strong customer relationship skills and expectation management
Strong attention to detail, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
Demonstrated business acumen and ability to anticipate needs and drive success
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Effective MS Office skills to include MS Project
Possess or ability to obtain at minimum a secret clearance
At least 3 years of related work experience
Experience as a US Navy Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) – (O-3 or O-4 level preferred)
Program Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Experience managing large scale simulation device production programs is a plus
Knowledgeable in lifecycle management, quality management, configuration management, Agile development, Integrated Master Plans and Integrated Master Schedules (IMP/IMS) is a plus
Simulation technical/software engineering experience a plus
Navy surface warfare simulator device production and deployment a plus
Working knowledge of training systems or equivalent with experience managing complex enterprise-level training / IT systems is a plus
Must be able to travel (both domestic and international) up to 25%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.