Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for fleet sailors in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) in Norfolk, Virginia. Training program requires the ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory simulations supporting the Navy’s Combat System Maintenance Manager (CSMM) Course. Candidate would serve as a Senior Instructor providing fleet-sailors advanced maintenance processes and documentation supporting Aegis Combat Systems. When required, the candidate would provide subject matter expertise of Combat Systems capabilities and limitations in support of curriculum development for other CSCS courses.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Aegis Weapon System Capabilities and Limitations.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Aegis Weapon System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy operational and maintenance procedures supporting the maintenance, testing, and operation of the Aegis Weapon System.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures, and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
5. Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
6. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates, and conducts training gap analysis to provide formal feedback and recommendations for Course improvement.
7. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
8. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
9. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience as a senior-level Aegis Weapon System Technician/Operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five (5) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction, and counseling students on academic learning problems is required. At least one shipboard tour as an Aegis Combat Systems Maintenance Manager (NEC V56A) a significant plus.
Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Secret security clearance required. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.