Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Mainframe Operating System
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We are currently seeking a Senior Datacomm Systems Administrator.
Candidates should have 10+ years of experience in the following duties:
• Primary database administrator for the Datacomm subsystems for the BFS mainframe.
• Provides tuning and performance recommendations, configures, and maintains and supports Datacomm applications. Provide technical assistance and production support to the development teams for related issues and concerns.
• Provides Datacomm reporting and system information for Datacomm auditing, support Datacomm audit tools, including Solutionary, and XBridge.
• Monitor Datacomm performance and recommend tuning to improve performance.
• Also responsible for third party development tools from Compuware.
• Install and configure Datacomm
• Install and configure Datacomm related tools such as Insight and Catalog Manager
• Production support and problem resolution
• Ensuring recoverability by setting up proper backup utilities and procedures
• Production monitoring and performance analysis
• Performance tuning which includes but is not limited to improving indexing, rewriting SQL, and restructuring Datacomm objects
• Database design reviews
• Reviewing and implementing database changes such as new tables, modifying existing tables, new indexes, and creating a variety of other DB2 objects as needed by the application
• Scheduling or running utilities to maintain optimal database organization for best performance
• Performing database recovery when necessitated by hardware or software failure
• Providing guidance and support and debugging expertise to application developers
• Participating in security audits
• Monitoring application unit testing and system/load testing in development
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Customizable health benefits packages
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Rewards program for high-performing employees
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $152,000 - $228,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.