1. Assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman.
2. In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting and in others the worker is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
3. Must be familiar with NAVSEA drawings and some knowledge/capability to support structural and electrical trades.
4. Must be familiar with cable removal; cable installation; MCT's (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting
5. Must have experience using basic hand tools such as sawsalls, drills; grinders; etc.
6. Candidates are required to have personal tools such as: 9/16" wrenches, 7/16 wrench, 8" crescent wrench, tin snips, needle nose pliers, channel locks, screw drivers, gloves, etc.
7. Transports materials; tools; and equipment to and within work sites as required.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related maintenance experience.
Must be able to attain a Secret Clearance. Offer contingent upon candidate obtaining access for Naval Facilities and shipyards.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.