Repairs installs replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
1. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, cables, equipment, and appliances.
2. Uses hand tools and testing equipment.
3. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
4. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using general and specialized testing equipment.
5. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
6. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
7. Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
8. Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
9. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires Associates Degree or equivalent years of experience.
1-3 years of related electrical experience.
- Prior shipboard or shipyard experience required.
- Must be able to work aboard a ship and in a shipyard environment.
- Position may require national and overseas travel.
- US Citizenship is required.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.