· Experience in coding in R, especially using Python packages and any packages helpful for interfacing with Excel documents (readxl, openxlsx,, etc.).
· Experience developing open source R packages.
· Experience managing code in a source control workflow (Git).
· Proven history in software development.
· Experience developing interfaces for clients to manipulate, visualize, and analyze data (e.g., R Shiny).
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
· Astute analytical and problem-solving skills.
· In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
· Experience and interest in engineering, energy market are highly recommended.
· Experience with DataOps principles preferrable.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
· Experience with Python preferred.
· Working background related to data science preferable.
· Experience working as a contractor with the U.S. government is not required, but preferred. . Please send us links to any R packages you've helped develop if you have one available
· Work as part of Agile development team, fully participating in Scrum ceremonies and development processes.
· Assist in preparing code and features for deployment as part of production R package available as part of a public GitHub repository.
· Assist in quality assurance processes, e.g., code/configuration review and testing.
· Write and maintain software tests across R packages.
· Provide customer service and package maintenance associated with deployed code.
· Assist in developing web-based, R Shiny interfaces to allow users to execute code in a self-service environment.
· Follow prescribed data security measures and carry out all work with a security first mindset.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.