Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Become part of a team with proven experience to maintain a large network that is critical to the DoD’s mission. We are currently seeking a unique individual with supply chain management skills to lead our warehouse operations for multiple customers spread geographically across the world. Challenge yourself and apply if you are the individual that possess the following skills:
· Maintain databases for inventory control processes to account for property received, shipped, excess, moved, or in transit. Prepare reports on logistics performance measures.
· Generate documentation and completing required forms for shipping to include Pro Forma, ITAR, other shipping documents, and labels such as those required for hazardous material. Contact carriers for expedited shipments and rate quotes.
· Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
· Provide material handling coordination support to include shipping, receiving, storage, and disposition of property
· Inspect inbound inventory for accuracy and completeness, defects or notable damage and log/report discrepancies
· Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost. Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with managers.
· Maintain and enter logistics-related data into databases or information systems in accordance with program policies.
· Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, bins, or containers according to predetermined sequence.
· Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity. Monitor inventories of products or materials.
· Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and peers
· Reviews and reconcile vendor’s invoices ensuring to identify errors, irregularities, and make adjustments as needed.
· Provide oversight and guidance to internal mission critical warehouse commodity areas.
· Preform classified courier duties, comply with policies and procedures regarding the transfer and transport of assets, supplies, and equipment.
· Liaison with Other Government Agencies to facilitate the transfer and transport of assets, supplies, and equipment.
· Preform quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) functions on the warehouse distribution system
· Performs all other duties as assigned*
· 5+ years of related work experience.
· BA/BS – may substitute additional years of experience
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Self-starter who can independently work and collaborate with other teams.
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to put together and organize large amounts of information.
· Possess an active secret security clearance.
• Experienced in utilizing a SAP or WMS program to manage daily warehouse operations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Proficient in shipping procedures/ operations with various carriers and freight forwarders
• Hazardous Material and/or Hazardous Waste Handling certificate; strongly desired
· Forklift Certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.