Work with cutting-edge applications that help advance the mission as a Application Developer Full Stack - Senior at GDIT. Your work will have you fully immersed in our client’s domain in order to deliver simple solutions for their complex needs. At GDIT, you’ll prioritize the client while we prioritize your career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Application Developer Full Stack - Senior, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Application Developer Full Stack - Senior to develop products using cutting edge technologies as part of a large modernization effort for a Federal Agency that has significant industry focus.
HOW THE Application Developer Full Stack - Senior WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Modernize, design, develop, and operate a complex set of integrated Federal agency business applications in the AWS cloud platform for enterprise-wide use.
● The candidate will be an integral component of a team of passionate and enthusiastic IT professionals, and has tremendous opportunities to contribute to the project success. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and operating products in Cloud platform for enterprise-wide use.
● Agile development methodology is in full use with multiple sprint teams.
● The candidate is expected to have extensive hands-on experience with software development, integration with different systems, software release management, and operations, who can work with other developers on the team. People management responsibilities are not required - but we need a strong team player that communicates and works well with others.
● Candidate extensively experienced with modern enterprise applications accessible and responsive via any device (web/mobile). The candidate will be responsible for developing quality products using industry best practices.
● Required Experience: 7+ years of full-lifecycle application development experience and at least 3 years of experience using the technologies listed below and with the AWS cloud platform.
● Required Technical Skills:
7+ years of experience using Agile, DevSecOps, Test driven development, and other lean methodologies.
Must have experience in using Agile project management tools (JIRA), Confluence, and CI/CD pipelines.
Experience developing cloud native solutions according to industry best practices
Use industry best practices for source code management in Git as if it were open source
● Security Clearance Level: Must be able to obtain Federal Government Public Trust clearance before commencing work.
● Required Skills and Abilities:
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and comprehend technical details clearly. Must be able to demonstrate product demos to users and stakeholders, collect feedback and implement improvements.
Extensive hands-on role with involvement in developing, implementing, operating and enhancing products. The candidate is accountable for the quality of the product delivered.
Implements the best practices of Agile and DevSecOps to deliver quality products predictably and consistently.
Evaluates functional/business and technical requirements and identify gaps/risks.
Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work.
Conducts development and testing activities using Agile and DevSecOps best practices
Follows defined development workflows and quality processes and creates the required design and development artifacts
Conducts peer reviews
Provides product support, product troubleshooting support and resolves product issues and defects
In coordination with others, monitors and analyzes production performance, while looking for ways to optimize and scale existing solutions.
Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
● Location: Remote
The likely salary range for this position is $98,400 - $147,600, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.