We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Procurement Analyst for the FDIC infrastructure program. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. (Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.) Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Processes and completes moderately complex procurement packages based on previous award documentation and direction from management.
2. Maintains government procurement database and is the main point of entry for all awarded documents and compliance.
3. Identifies co-term opportunities based on government supplied maintenance roster and direction from management.
4. Coordinates with Asset Management for all database entries and validation of product inventory.
5. Solicits suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through informal/formal Requests for Quote (RFQ). Receives and evaluates proposals, quotations, and bids for acquisitions based on previous award documentation.
6. Maintains communication with government client and management during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the government delivery schedule.
7. Coordinates the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects. Ensures suppliers/vendors adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven expectations.
8. Analyzes bids for compliance, prices, and period of performance dates.
9. Assembles the complete procurement package for management review and submission to government client.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Bachelor's degree in business administration, inventory management or related field preferred
3. Five+ years’ of experience in purchasing or inventory management
4. Experience working with procurement practices
5. Experience working with contracts including request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
6. Experience working with products and services within related market
7. Documented Federal Government Agency procurement activity experience
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.