Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. General Dynamics Information Technology plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. GDIT's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
Works independently and as part of a team, to perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex applications hosted in AWS.
Thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills supporting Cloud Management Platform applications.
Hands-on experience supporting CI/CD pipeline applications hosted in AWS or Azure.
• Performs administrative support to install, configure, secure and tune or troubleshooting AWS hosts services.
• Provide planning and status tracking of tasks to management using Jira
• Working knowledge of Ansible scripts
• Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to develop a solution.
• Prepares technical reports and related documentation.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a relative field. Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
• Minimum of 3 years of Ansible Tower Experience
• Understand concepts and tools in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, and scheduling platforms
• AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
• ITIL 3 or 4
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.