We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges. GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Cybersecurity Lead joining our team to support our Special Warfare (SW) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) (SWAK) activities preferably in the greater Dayton, Ohio area.
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Trainer Specialist to support continued development activities for the SWAK.
The goal of the SWAK is to improve the performance of the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) Special Tactics (ST), Tactical Air Control Party (TACP), and Personnel Recovery operators during target acquisition and control, combat search and rescue, and personnel recovery operations, reducing potential for errors, enhancing the safety and security of friendly forces, and, ultimately, reducing the risks of fratricide.
The Trainer Specialist shall provide trainers who meet the following minimum instructor qualifications for Training Delivery Services:
· Develops training material, provides training.
· Experience as an Air Force Special Warfare member (Combat Control, Tactical Air Control Party, Pararescue, Special Reconnaissance or Officer equivalent)
· Minimum six (6) years of experience in military tactical operations and training
· Minimum two (2) years of DoD formally documented teaching experience in classroom and hands-on delivery
· BA/BS (or equivalent), with 15+ years' experience
· Prepares and/or conducts training programs, teaches classes, holds seminars and discussion groups.
· Designs, develops, organizes and delivers training programs to train all levels of personnel.
· Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
· Creates teaching outline in conformance with selected instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of training methods.
· Recent experience (past 5-years) with the Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK), tactical radios and equipment.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
· Full-flex work week
· 401K with company match
· Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
· Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
· Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
The likely salary range for this position is $103,272 - $172,453, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.