Configuration Management Specialists must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge in establishing and maintaining the consistency of information regarding the design requirements, functional and physical attributes, and operational information of enterprise configuration items (CIs). Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills
Typical duties include:
• Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive, effective CM program
• Define and document CIs throughout their lifecycle
• Documenting and reviewing CM findings and then coordinating corrective action
• Monitoring standards compliance, as well as change and release implementation
• Evaluating baseline deviations and making recommendations for rectifying them
• Establishing and implementing CM compliance standards
• Evaluating contracts and developing associated configuration management approaches
• Reviewing and implementing CM plans, baselines, and milestones
• Developing and implementing overarching CM procedures and establishing responsibilities, authorities, and plan approval levels
• Conducting Technical Review Board (TRB) and Change Review Board (CRB) meetings
• Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of formal education on a case-by-case basis.
• ITIL Foundations
• 0-2 three years configuration management experience in programs/contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Know someone that would be a good fit for this role? GDIT is offering $10,000 external referral bonuses for referrals hired by December 31, 2020. You do not need to be a GDIT employee to be eligible. Email your referral’s resume to email@example.com.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.