GDIT is seeking a Solutions Architect to support our ICAM program.
As a Solutions Architect for our ICAM program, you will also serve as Chief Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for providing business and technical architectural and engineering guidance to development teams, business groups, and customers for existing and new products and services, as well as directing day-to-day activities assigned to your areas of responsibility leveraging direct and indirect team resources. The solutions architect also develops strategies, business concepts, and technical capabilities that maximize customer value while differentiating GDIT from their competition in the marketplace. This will include technical plans, drawings, white papers, leading technical meetings with both internal and external stakeholders. Your expertise will be relied upon to provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for the defining, designing, and implementing the full lifecycle of products and services. The solutions architect is also responsible for defining a concept of operations and the procedures and tools required to enable delivery of products and services. Conducts analysis of alternatives on a variety of solutions to determine the best solutions to support overall business goals and objectives.
In this role, a typical day will include:
· Work with senior leadership both internal and external on planning and executing tasks using Agile methodologies
· Participate in Scrum calls
· Active engagement with the program customer, providing expert guidance and solutioning
· Developing plans, drawings, and briefs
· Supporting business by developing technical and business solutions.
· Identifying solutions based on business and technical criteria, analyzes alternatives based on trade space, and implements designs.
· Research current and emerging technologies and process methodologies and proposing changes and tailoring where needed.
· Assess the system and business process architectures currently in place and works with staff to recommend improvements.
· Ensure technical architecture teams deliver efficient and effective system solutions to support business goals and objectives.
· Develop, enhance and maintain established service design procedure and process by applying process frameworks and methodologies. Prepare and present test plan, technical presentations, and analyst briefings.
· Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations.
· Provide updates to internal and external stakeholders on project cost, schedule, and quality in comparison to stakeholder objectives.
· Provides expert guidance and leadership to less-experienced colleagues.
· May serve as a task or project leader. (Not a people manager)
· Recognized a trusted leader
· Minimum active DoD Security Clearance of SECRET, or higher
· Minimum active CompTIA Security+ certification, or higher
· Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
· 20+ years’ IT experience in engineering and development
· Experience in ICAM
· Experience with Azure cloud environments
· Experience with SailPoint
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
The likely salary range for this position is $184,000 - $276,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.