Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is looking for a US Navy Satellite Communications Electronics Technician to provide technical support for GDIT's MARMC contract for the following Satellite Communications SATCOM equipment.
Candidates with any of the following skills are encouraged to apply.
Skillsets needed in order of importance:
1. NMT: AN/WSC-9 for (V)1, (V)2, and (V3)
2. CBSP: AN/USC-69 for (V2, flat decks) and (V3, DDGs)
3. DMR: AN/USC-61
4. UHF: USQ-122, AN/SSR-1
5. WEA: AN/SMQ-11 (below deck equipment, not just antenna)
1. You will perform highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. You will work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Direct complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnose and isolate equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participate in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repair or modify cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. You will also participate in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.Contract requires a minimum of 4 years hands-on experience in the troubleshooting, assessment and repair of one of the following systems listed above. Experience shall have been gained within the last 8 years.
4 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.