Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation and sustainment of multiple networks. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic systems engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
· Design, develop, evaluate, and modify physical and virtual compute environments throughout systems life cycle
· Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Ansible, Puppet and Desired State Configuration (DSC). Advanced knowledge with Implementation, developing endpoint builds and troubleshooting experience in Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM/MECM).
· Participate in system conceptual design and documentation
· Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
· Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed
· Provide input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, course of action (COA) development, and assisting in project technical planning and implementation
· Develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) and system documentation
· Collaborate with managers, network engineers, team members, and customer on solutions and issues
· Review, analyze, and verify current security configuration and effectiveness in response to DoD requirements and emerging threats
· Achieve and maintain Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance
· Provide tier III support in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems
· Mentor and coach less experienced system administrators and engineers
· Participate in special projects as assigned
· Continuous improvement mindset to ensure quality of delivered services
· May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required
· The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
· The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job
· Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building, maintaining, and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms: Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory configuration and management, Windows Server 2016/2019, PowerShell, ADFS, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and Printer Management.
· BA/BS Degree – may substitute additional years of experience
· Active TS/SCI clearance
· Must be IAT level II compliant with DoD 8570.1
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator
· ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation within six months of hire
· A demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Virtual infrastructure technologies
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
· Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
Experience delivering solutions in accordance with agile and waterfall methodologies
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.