We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
• Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
• Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities
• Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
• Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
• Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Proven hands-on Software Development experience
Proven working experience in Java development
Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data storage solutions
Prepare and produce releases of software components
Experience with Linux
AWS development experience using Spark, Python, or Java.
Experience with Angular or React
Working knowledge with GitHub, Jenkins or other configuration management tools.
Experience with NiFi
BA/BS Computer Science or related field
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.