The Operations Exercise Planner (OEP) supports the client organization by addressing operational and performance priorities. The OEP must be able to effectively coordinate and collaborate with client representatives, to include program managers; training, evaluation, and operations personnel, and senior directors. The OEP will facilitate and / or conduct the planning, development, and execution of exercise events to support and maintain client’s operational proficiency; use and field organic evaluation software to develop operational status reports, briefings, and After-Action Reviews.
GDIT is currently looking for an experienced, TS/SCI cleared Operations Exercise Planner (OEP) to join its mission critical team located in Washington, DC. All candidates must have the knowledge and experience to critically analyze and assess a variety of continuity programs, as well as coordinate with project manager or task leads to develop policies, produce continuity of government (COG) operations plans, and develop training and/or exercise events. A competitive OEP candidate should have the following experience and knowledge, which must be clearly described in the resume, along with security clearance status:
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs, functional requirements, and operational priorities
· Contribute to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required activities to support planning and execution relevant to operational requirements, priorities, and resourcing
· Be able to develop all exercise products to include, but not limited to, meeting notes, mock exercise injects, exercise scripts, after-action reports and recommendations, and planning documents.
· Adjust rapidly to shifts in priorities and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously to include staff support relating to current operations
· Monitor and review strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and operational standards from applicable headquarter and stakeholder elements and make recommendations to ensure compliance and/or consideration in exercise planning efforts
· Analyze schedules and other factors influencing client operations, and support requirements with little to no supervision
· Brief analysis results and recommendations to executives, managers, and subject matter experts
· Explore, identify and engage in the appropriate meetings to obtain situational awareness of ongoing testing requirements affecting operational efficiency and effectiveness
· Schedule and host meetings as directed by the client in order to facilitate collaboration.
· Coordinate with stakeholders to develop and issue a single integrated event schedule for exercises
· Active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with SCI eligibility
· Must have knowledge and experience producing, handling, storing, transmitting, and transporting classified materials, up to and including Top Secret Special Access Programs (SAPs) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
· Must have experience working with senior government and military personnel, and have exceptional written and oral presentation skills
· Bachelor’s degree and / or ten (10) years of relevant exercise planning experience
· Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and effectively schedule required deliverables, meetings and follow-up actions
· Familiarization with continuity or related emergency operations and / or Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation (HSEEP) principles and procedures; HSEEP certification.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.