General Dynamics is seeking a Windows System Server Administrator for our Naval customer in Crane Indiana. If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has a lot of excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you!
The Windows Administrator manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The System Server Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements.
Provide data and assistance on audits. Perform installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health.
Assists with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed.
Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
· Install and administer hardware, Windows operating systems and software applications. Including system fixes, updates and enhancements.
· Manage computer and user accounts, privileges and system access.
· Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
· Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts and repairs on systems.
· Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation.
· Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements.
· Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly.
· Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies.
· Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listens to other's ideas; communicate accurately and concisely.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change.
· Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance.
· Execute PowerShell scripting.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, work experience, and Security+ certification
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Experience with VMware or other Virtual Environment platforms.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.