Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
We seek a Programmer Analyst with experience in web applications development for the investigative community in Richmond, VA. This person will collaborate and participate in design and development work for well-established investigative and intelligence clients. Under direct supervision will design and build web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools. Designs and develops user interface features, site animation, and special effects elements.
Essential Job Functions
• Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in the modification of products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
• Assists in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assists in preparing documentation to change existing programs. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
• Designs basic web pages for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
• Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
• Assists in resolving routine production support problems including end user interface
• Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
• Creates basic documentation in work assignments such as program code.
• Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
• Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
• One to three years of experience in programming or testing
• Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
Experience in the areas of:
* Design and implement HTML pages
* Analyze user requirements and technical documentation
* Work Agile development processes
• Able to obtain Top Secret Clearance after hire
• Basic programming skills
• Personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
• Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
• Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
Nice to have skills
* Design and implement DBMS table structures
• Oracle database familiarity (preferred but not necessary)
Years of Experience
1 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.