GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), GDIT anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on the Mission Systems Lifecycle Support (MSLS) contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile Release Train (ART) utilizing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
GDIT is seeking a highly motivated Test Engineer to join our growing team to test and support our mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. The successful candidate will provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as writing and executing test cases. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Write and execute test cases using JIRA application
• Ability to automate test cases
• Provide support and technical advice throughout Agile sprint cycles
• Validate enhancements to existing system in addition to coordinating with other QA and tester personnel
• Experience with scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• U.S. Citizenship
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• BS in computer science or information systems field of study
• Experience in Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Experience implementing and configuring DevOps solutions
• Experience with querying databases using SQL
• Experience in SQL and SQL*Plus
• Proven track record as a self-learner keeping current with the latest techniques including automated testing and continuous integration
• Experience in Jira to support configuration management in an Agile environment
• Certification in SAFe, SCRUM or Kanban
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.