Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
2. Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work orders.
3. Lays out and marks points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates.
4. Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
5. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced welders.
7. May serve as a team leader.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
HS/GED, 1+ years experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.