GDIT is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator in Columbia, MD. The ideal candidate must have the following experience”
• Eight (8) or more years’ experience as a System Administrator providing support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
• Experience installing, configuring, upgrading and migrating Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 servers.
• Practical application and troubleshooting experience with systems that interface with Active Directory, Exchange and NetApp Tier 2&3 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment.
• Experience running scripts to manage/automate tasks related to Windows platforms.
• Experience with the deployment and maintenance of current and next generation Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) desktops.
• Customer support experience to include phone, email and in person contact as well as experience assisting end users with new desktop capabilities and/or software.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology.
• Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well both independently and in teams.
• Proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments.
• Ability to resolve configuration and or logistical issues using technical problem-solving skills.
Windows Server 2013
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
Strong communication skills
Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
Ability to lead and work as part of a team
To qualify, you must also meet these basic qualifications:
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required starting.
One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
Required Education & Experience: High School/GED +9 years experience OR Associates + 7 years experience OR Bachelors + 5 years experience OR Masters + 3 years experience OR Doctorate + 1 year experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.