This position provides technical support services for the various C4 capabilities aboard the MSC fleet of ships.
It is a forward deployed position in Diego Garcia
This position is responsible for direct technical work on projects. Performs a variety of analyses and prepares appropriate documentation. Prepares and makes briefings and presentations. Assists in on-site management of installations. Works independently and installs, operates, maintains, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs IT systems devices, circuits, cables, components, software, and end-user devices, components, software and connectivity. Assists in the development and management of project plans. This includes the review of task performance and work products for correctness, for adherence to design concepts and user requirements, and for progress IAW schedules. Coordinates with the Contractor's project manager, and Government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters.
Progressive IT experience (5 years) including at least three (3) projects in technical areas with the following MSC C4 Systems supported, but are not limited to:
• Shipboard Management Information System – Classified (SMIS-C)
• Afloat Classified Global Operating System Version 2 (ACG-V2)
• Maintenance Figure of Merit (MFOM)
• Next Generation Wideband (NGW)
• Shipboard Management Information System – Unclassified (SMIS-U)
• Afloat Release 1 (AR1)
• Afloat Release 2 (AR2)
• PC to PC Transfer System (PPTS)
• Common PC Operating Environment (COMPOSE)
• Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
• Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIX)
• Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M)
• Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
• Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES)
• Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP)
• Ship’s Security Alert System (SSAS)
• Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
At least one (1) project must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position as well as 8570 IAT Level II certification.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.