Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
The successful Systems Engineer (SE) will apply expertise in project management, systems engineering and IT operations processes to support the Program Manager in developing, integrating and operating the customer's IT infrastructure. Key to success will be the ability to tailor the project management and systems engineering lifecycles, and essential IT operations processes, to function effectively in a non-enterprise environment. The candidate will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle of the IT infrastructure. The SE will work in collaboration with the infrastructure architect to formulate recommendations for infrastructure enhancements and improvements and then be responsible for tailoring and overseeing processes that ensure successful delivery approved changes, as well and ensure a stable and secure ongoing IT infrastructure operations. The ideal candidate will have experience performing industry standard Project Management and Engineering Life Cycle tasks, as well as experience in tailoring standard process lifecycles to function effectively in a small, fast-paced environment. The candidate must also be experienced in optimizing work processes within the operations and support functions of the systems lifecycle.
1. Defines and implements standards-based project management and engineering lifecycles, tailored to function effectively in the environment that ensure successful delivery of new technologies and services
2. Leverages industry/government standards and widely accepted best practices to define processes and procedures that ensure secure and reliably functioning systems and services, to include but not limited to processes fo
Managing and monitoring installed systems and infrastructure, proactively ensuring a high level of infrastructure availability based on user needs and priorities
Maintaining secure, stable configurations via change and configuration management
Maintaining back-up and redundancy per organizational data priorities
Overseeing 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to infrastructure system
3. Participates in the design of information and operational support systems
Assists with technical planning activities, including roadmap development and systems integration
Collaborates with a variety of customers and contractors on a regular basis, which may include technical consultation, meeting coordination and support (e.g., TEMs), and preparation/support of technical briefings
Participates in the development of technical project plans, reports, and contract (e.g., PMR) briefing
4. Manages and monitors installed systems and infrastructure, proactively ensuring a high level of infrastructure availability based on user needs and priorities
5. Maintains secure, stable configurations via change and configuration management
6. Maintains back-up and redundancy per organizational data priorities
7. Oversees 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to infrastructure system
8. Ensures custom scripts to increase efficiency and lower human intervention are developed, implement and maintained
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or another related technical discipline.
15+ years of systems engineering experience
Advanced degree is preferred
Demonstrated on-the-job experience in tailoring project management and systems engineering fundamentals in small, but complex environments
Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating across programs, with clients, stakeholders and other contractors
Demonstrated experience managing priorities across multiple projects
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.