Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Senior Java Application Developer
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Senior Java Application Developer at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Java Application Developer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they're often classified. that's what you'll find at General Dynamics Information Technology. Here you'll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it's time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Information Technology.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customer's missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
With your proficiency in grasping and applying new information quickly, the Senior Java Application Developer will analyze, decompose, perform static code analysis, and debug and modify software. Programming in both java and to a lesser extent Python, we'll rely on you to be involved in proprietary database/protocol analysis, rapid prototyping/proof of concept capabilities, and large-scale system integration.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• A Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• Agile experience preferred
• Four (4) years of equivalent related military experience may be substituted for Bachelors degree
• Seasoned, experienced professional with a broad range of expertise and a wide range of professional experience, possessing a substantial understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories; expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
• Ability to serve as company technical spokesperson with subject matter expertise (SME)
What you bring to the table:
• Shall have a minimum of six (6) years of software/system development work experience
• Experience with Java development in Linux or Windows environments
• Experience in object oriented programming, development patterns, unit testing and design
• Experience with code repositories and code review practices
• Willingness to work in a team environment and participate in code reviews and design discussions
• Experience in Agile development processes
• Strong experience in database technologies
• Experience in Data Science and Data Mining
• Script writing using Python, Bourne shell, C shell, or other proprietary scripting languages.
• Bit-level data analysis
• Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet, SS7
• Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
• Support user development documentation
• Binary code analysis using Ghidra/IDAPro
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
6 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.