Responsible for the design and development of voice video, radio frequency, and/or data communications networks. The successful Network Engineer will have experience with core network infrastructure, distribution network infrastructure, network security, and business support networks for Service Provider level IT networks. He or she will participate in the design, development, testing and deployment of network and end-to-end telecommunications systems. The candidate will be part of a diverse team of technical and operational experts working to meet both quick reaction and strategic changes to customer IT objectives.
1. Ability to develop technical CONOPS and requirements
2. Thorogh understanding of TCP/IP
3. Knolwedge of cellular and mobile systems
4. Cyber experience with packet filtering and modification mechanisms
5. Practical experience with OpenVPN and IPSec tunneling
6. Familiarity with various network technologies including Virtual Private Networks (VPN), email systems, Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and VoIP
7. Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning skills
8. Ability to follow good engineering and programming practices
9. Willingness and ability to support travel both domestically and internationally
BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology field.
10+ years of network engineering experience with the customer.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.