Provide support to planning, integrating, coordinating, directing synchronizing, and managing the knowledge and information management tasks and priorities of the USCENTCOM Intelligence Directorate and all deployed command and staff elements in the area of responsibility.
1. Format, publish, and maintain finished intelligence products for CCMD intelligence domains 2. Liaison with headquarters, components and supported organizations to design, develop, and maintain web applications, web portals, and digital production for CCMD intelligence domains 3. Collect, identify, collate, update, document, disseminate, recommend, maintain and implement Knowledge Management processes, system architecture / information flow and functional requirements / documentation for the CCMD headquarters and forward support
4. Liaison with headquarters, components, and supported organizations to design, develop and maintain Microsoft SharePoint Sites for CCMD intelligence dissemination domains
5. Develop and maintain web procedural and policy documents for Standard Operating Procedures, Concepts of Operation, Memorandums of Agreement etc.
6. Manage, prioritize and validate Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) data.
7. Be prepared to brief customer managers and senior level officials status of knowledge management posture
8. Participates in special projects as required
9. This position is a full time, forward deployed position in the CENTCOM AOR
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.