Pressure Relief Valves
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Field Technician III
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Field Technician III supporting multiple MK 41 VLS customers. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Field Technician III you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Field Technician III joining our team to ensure MK 41 VLS HM&E equipment is maintained and tested to the stringent VLS requirements to maintain National Security.
HOW A FIELD TECHNICIAN III WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Fabricates, installs, maintains, and repairs electronic, mechanical, and/or other types of components and equipment.
● Will work with GDIT VLS Team to ensure operational status of contracted VLS HM&E work is completed to required procedures and specifications.
● Will work with GDIT VLS Team to identify and correct any deficiencies found.
● Will work with a competitive and highly trusted GDIT VLS Team.
● The support the GDIT VLS Team provides ensures the Fleet and Program are maintained to the highest levels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Ability to Remove, Overhaul, Test, and/or Install VLS Deluge Tank Relief Valves, Marotta Valves, Hy-Check Valves, Root and Isolation System Valves, and Hydrostatic testing and certification of Hoses, Valves, and Tanks in accordance with NAVSEA requirements, Navy MRCs, VLS Authorized Procedures, and Technical Manuals.
● Security Clearance Level: Secret
● Required Skills and Abilities: Problem Solving, Communication, Microsoft Word and Excel, and understanding of Test Equipment/Gauge Calibration.
● Preferred Skills:
● Location: Chesapeake, VA
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.