Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network desktop and/or systems hardware and software.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems. 2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions. 5. Provides troubleshooting and support.
6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems.
7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users. 8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. (AA/AS)
CERTIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificates:
Security+ Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server or equivalent Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations. (3+)
Must have intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks. This experience must include administrating corporate or business' user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, WWW servers. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks include:
Microsoft Enterprise Server 2008/2012 or later version Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (or later version) and other mail applications (local and remote) Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 or later version Network Server Backup DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Domain Controllers Site specific equipment listed in the task order Plus experience in:
Hardware troubleshooting, installing, servers, personal computers, and peripheral equipment. Software installation, maintenance, and sustainment. Customer Service and remote support
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.