Primary duties consist of performing non-manual work directly related to the general business operations of the MTC Director as detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW) and the MTC Director's customers military units. Performance of these duties requires exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance within the framework of the approved Event Lifecycle Management (ELM) or Joint Event Lifecycle (JELC) process. Primary duties also require advanced knowledge and independent decision-making. Work is predominantly intellectual in character and requires the employee to consistently exercise discretion and judgment. While testing and troubleshooting in the traditional sense are a minor part of the job duties. Maintaining technical proficiency is a significant part of the duties and is implicit in certification & training event support process. Technical proficiency here transcends one system to a "system of systems" (SOS) (specifically US Army Mission Command capabilities) systems integration environment, the management of training products, and training US Army Battalion & Brigade Battle Staffs in the utilization of SOS and Training Support Package (TSP) products.
2. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Prepares and delivers Mission Command training based on event / exercise plans received from the Collective Training Lead. A Lead has complete understanding and expert application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
Supports Unit Commander's Training Objectives by developing training methods and materials such as curriculum, lectures, and computer-based training aids based on consultation with client / user specifications.
* Develops TSP training products that include comprehensive operational procedures for an integrated federation of MC systems and simulation / stimulation systems.
* Participates in Event / Exercise lifecycle management (planning, preparation, execution and recovery, AAR).
* Consults with users to design, create, and configure systems to meet their training requirements.
* Develops training environments that are unique to unit training requirements.
* Completes setup and configuration of systems, conducts testing, troubleshooting and modification of systems as required.
* Delivers small, medium and large collective training events / exercises in accordance within the established MTC training program.
* Participates in internal AARs upon completion of training
Integrates requisite Live, Virtual, Constructive, Gaming and Mission Command (LVCG+MC) within training environments.
* Supports venues for small, medium and large collective training events and exercises.
* Configures system interface nodes, documents end to end connectivity and tactical message flow, maintains the real-time operational status; tests hardware architecture and software for the conduct of staff training employing numerous capabilities as applicable.
Provides over the shoulder training, integration and simulation / stimulation support within 2 or more assigned Functional Areas:
Assists in the conduct of Basic and Subject Matter Expert (SME) Certification and Annual SME re-certification as stated in the Professional Development and Certification Plan (PDCP).
Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required to support customer requirements.
3. Capabilities supported
* Mission Command and Intelligence capabilities to include but not limited to:
o Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
o Air and Missile Defense Work Station (AMDWS)
o Battle Command Common Services (BCCS)
o Blue Eye (PSDS2)
o Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE)
o Distributed Common Ground System – Army (DCGS-A)
o Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS)
o Joint Capabilities Release (JCR)
o Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P)
o Mission Command Workstation (MCWS) aka CPOF
o Tactical Airspace Integration System (TAIS)
o Tactical Mission Command servers (TMC)
o Tactical Radio Extension (TRAX)
o Tactical Services Infrastructure (TSI)
o Windows Tactical Assault Kit (WinTAK)
* Collaboration (voice and data) capabilities to include but not limited to:
o Voice communications
* Constructive Simulations - Stimulations to include but not limited to:
o After Action Review System (AARS)
o C-RAM Distributed System of Systems Simulation (CDS3)
o Command & Control Weapon System Part Task Trainer (C2WSPTT)
o Division Exercise Training and Readiness System (DXTRS)
o Extensible C4I Instrumentation Suite (ExCIS)
o Intelligence Electronic Warfare Tactical Proficiency Trainer (IEWTPT) - iLOD
o Joint Defense Logistics Model (JDLM)
o Low Overhead Training System (LOTS)
o Live Virtual Constructive – Integrating Architecture (LVC-IA)
o Multiple Unified Simulation Environment (MUSE)
o Night Vision Image Generator (NVIG)
o One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
o WARSIM Battlespace Workstation (BSWS) with MRF-W / MRF-B
o WARSIM Intelligence Model (WIM) with MRF-W / MRF-B (LE / UE)
* Gaming and Virtual training capabilities to include but not limited to:
o Virtual Battle-space 3 (VBS3)
o VBS Fires
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience
* Current SECRET security clearance
* Bachelor's Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience
* 2-5 years of related experience supporting military operations
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the development and delivery of training programs
* Normal work schedule is 0730-1600, may require night or weekend work shifts depending on specific training event requirements
* May require occasional travel (less than 10%)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.