Job DescriptionGDIT is looking for a candidate to be part of the Lab as a Service Team in support of the Drug Enforcement Administration’s within Firebird Infrastructure Technology Services (FITS) program. The candidate will be responsible for evaluating, upgrading and maintaining Lab as a Service infrastructure on a VMware platform. Components include Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft SQL Server, and ePO. In addition, the candidate will be supporting developers and project engineers with creating virtual server project environments. PowerShell Scripting and basic network knowledge needed. Candidate should also be familiar with Windows Active Directory, and Group Policy Management. Candidate must possess excellent oral and writing skills as well as be an effective communicator within a team atmosphere
Must possess an active Secret clearance.
· Bachelor’s in Information Technology, System Engineering, or Computer Science
· 5+ years of hands on systems integration or engineering experience implementing solutions from concept through deployment
· Knowledge of Red Hat Linux and PowerShell scripting is a desire
· Proficient with Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, and Group Policy Management
· Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Citrix and VMWare
· Experience analyzing, implementing and testing DISA STIG configuration settings for hardware and software
· Demonstrated experience with performing advanced troubleshooting, conducting root cause analysis and developing corrective action plans
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.