Local Area Network (LAN)
Operating Systems (OS)
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Computer Lab DevNet Engineer
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as an Engineer Expert supporting the customers lab tasking. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Lab DevNet Engineer, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Engineer Expert joining our team to make an immediate impact on a mission focused program.
HOW AN ENGINEER EXPERT WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems
- Work with a team of lab engineers to resolve customer requirements
- Support daily interactions with teams
- Set-up and maintained multiple applications across various computer systems
- Provided technical direction, leadership and training of less experienced staff
- Analyze complex computer systems to determine both functionality and intent of underlying software
- Analyzed system faults by troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
- Work on-site and hands-on lab equipment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's of Science in a technical field of study
- Required Experience: 15+ years of related experience with networks, including but not limited to switches and routers, operating systems both Windows and Linux, system administration and optical telecommunications.
- Security Clearance Level: TS//SCI Full Scope Poly with DoD
- Required Skills and Abilities:
- GNS3 experience or willingness to learn
- Python experience
- CNO experience
- Optical Telecommunication experience including but not limited to: single and multimode fibers, Carrier Ethernet, Network Management Systems experience
- Network experience including: MPLS, VLAN, IP routing, switching and sub netting, WAN, LAN
- System Administrations experience with: Windows and Linux systems
- Splunk server administration experience
- Preferred Skills:
- VMWare experience
- Telephony and VoIP
- Solarwinds experience
- Location: Hanover, MD
- US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
15 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.